Boxeed In

A forum for Boxee Users  
It is currently August 23rd, 2014, 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boxee+Hacks 1.4.9
PostPosted: August 24th, 2013, 10:39 am 

Saiks wrote:
jbmp wrote:
Everytime I am trying to open an app I get a error message, that boxeehack_server.py script is failing. The boxee then restarts.. Any fix?

Go with the USB installation route... Else everything you do will show some script error. Had the same problem when I tried to install using telnet

I installed boxeeplus offline by putting the hack folder on my USB - if thats what you mean? I was able to access my apps after the installation, but no more.

PostPosted: August 24th, 2013, 4:23 pm 

For the homescreen is it possible to use fanart instead of movie posters? Currently its 3 posters in landscape and they just don't crop well since it zooms in. Either we can replace the posters with fanart so they show nicely in landscape or maybe shrink the box (portrait mode) so posters fill it properly and maybe that way we can show 5 recently added movies.

PostPosted: August 24th, 2013, 6:28 pm 

Thanks for all your work man, greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: August 25th, 2013, 10:44 am 

I would like to see fanart in the background and still have my vimeo picks on the home screen.

PostPosted: August 25th, 2013, 2:33 pm 

As you will see english is not my main language :P

First of all thank you for take up the development again.

I have installed the latest version of the hack and now the "jump to last episode" works properly, but now I cant have differents views/orders at TV Shows and Films. It has to be the same.

To be understood, if I choose that option at Films

I can't choose that at TV Shows

Ahhh and I don't know why but now some of the Fanarts of TV shows are working. Only some of them but idk why xD

Thank you for your work and waiting for more updates

PostPosted: August 29th, 2013, 2:17 pm 

I'm having intermittent network issues with 1.4.9, which is causing problems with apps and playing media from the Interwebz. See this thread for details.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2013, 11:17 pm 
Site Admin

Dani04 wrote:
I have installed the latest version of the hack and now the "jump to last episode" works properly, but now I cant have differents views/orders at TV Shows and Films. It has to be the same.

I will check into that.

Dani04 wrote:
Ahhh and I don't know why but now some of the Fanarts of TV shows are working. Only some of them but idk why xD

For the TV Shows that it isn't working on, can you drop the fanart.jpg in each Season's folder too and give it another try? I am not sure why he had the code checking in there instead of dropping back a directory. I will look to fix that in a future update.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2013, 11:46 pm 

Since I downloaded the 1.4.9 Version I can't scan my movies properly anymore...

is there any solution?, please ? >.<

PostPosted: August 30th, 2013, 12:08 am 
Site Admin

Saam-chan wrote:
Since I downloaded the 1.4.9 Version I can't scan my movies properly anymore...

is there any solution?, please ? >.<

Since we can't modify the internals of the actual Boxee application, we haven't modified anything to do with scanning. You may do a scan and check the log to see if Boxee is having an issue. You will find it at
/tmp/root-boxee.log

The one issue I had was this. A while back I had noticed that some of my fanart, posters, etc.. wouldn't show. Even completely removing all data sources and re-adding them didn't fix it. After checking the log I noticed it was still trying to scan a data source that didn't exist and wasn't present in the list (my old NAS, replaced it with my FreeNAS). It had then picked up a few of my current shows as shows that used to be on the old data source, and was using the old address as where they were located. So basically, Boxee doesn't properly clean up its own database. I cleaned up the actual database files myself to correct the issue.

PostPosted: August 30th, 2013, 5:53 am 

Thanks for your response cigamit.

I want to add that the Tv shows where the fanart is working are exactly the Tv shows where I had the file fanart.jpg previously to install this hack. And I didn't ordered the files like you or the previous boxee hack said. I did the same that with the movies and is working.

TVSHOW folder
-fanart.jpg
-all episodes in the same folder

I'm telling you if it's any help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next